welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of Meeting 14th Oct 2014

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 14th Oct 2014 7pm Oct 14

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair Councillors Brown (GB) Jackson (RJ)
Potter (AP) Bill (BB) Davies (MD)

D Leeson ( clerk) + 2 agent + 4 residents


1/ Open Forum
Agent for Shropshire homes gave outline of application for 58 homes to be built in 2 phases 1st in 2015-16
Agent for R Parry gave outline of proposed application for Hall Farm development to be built asap 15% affordable.
M Weeks asked for information on Horsebridge rd development, it was waiting decision, he asked that PC make a comment Clerk said he had but would check.
R Swain asked that the council contact Shropshire Council as Ash Lea where she live has the lighting turned off at midnight. She is worried that her children may be in danger as are others in the dark nights when coming home from work. (Act Clerk)
Police report read out, Gr had reported vehicles parked unsafe on Horsebridge rd, Clerk had reported nuisance at PH gates.

2/ Apologies

P Taylor family NA & TB unable to attend

3/ Dispensations/Interests

GR School
GB Parish Hall
RJ Church
MD Planning Hall Farm

4/ Minutes of Sept meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by GB seconded all
Matters arising Aug meeting re-instated for 2015

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
Tony Bishton has asked to continue the wok he does for the council all agreed. The bus stops are being used as urinals. Clerk to inform PC(Act Clerk)

b) Playing field
Clerk had got some info re skate park but need D Fairclough to develop. He is to be invited to next meeting

c) Street lights
Some lights have timings wrong but not deemed as worth pursuit.

d) Footpaths
The path behind the Mount is overgrown. Rights of way informed they are trying to contact the landowner Clerk to obtain update.(Act Clerk)

e) Play areas

Chair signed risk completion form after work by NA & AP to address safety issues.

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
Some of the asked for repairs had been completed.
There was a BT cover by the bus stop opposite the garage that was broken. The village centre still needs a resurface. Clerk to pursue. (Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths

Minsterley Pontesbury path Mr D Jones had a meeting with partners but P Council not invited. Clerk to find out what outcome and when any signage to be installed.
There is a tree growing over the path on Sevenside property on the corner of Oak Dr and Callow Lane (Act Clerk)

c) Flooding

Clerk had been passed info re early warning system to be installed at Bridge Hotel development, would the Parish Council want this for the village? Clerk to find out more info.
MD was able to update the council on discussions re silt under bridge. He will endeavour to get S Council and a contractor together to find a way forward (Act Clerk MD)

7/ Planning.

MD left meeting at this point for another appointment
i/ 14/03908/FUL - modification at Bridge Hotel passed
ii/ 14/04165/OUT supported with toe conditions that were in Place Plan and SAMDEV that a changing facility be incorporated, increased parking, highway lighting, seven trent sewage upgrade.
iii/ 14/04244/TPO crown oak 20 ashlea no comment
Hall Farm if the application can not be considered in time Clerk authorised to support planni ng application for barn conversions but refer outline for further development to our SAMDEV comments that only the brownfield be built upon
With the extent of the applications made it was decided that we must request extra resources for the school which only has 12 places free at present. A victim of its own success the local authority should be informed of requirements.(Act Clerk)

8/Payments to be made

Payments already made under powers the Clerk holds as RFO to enable timeous payments and agreed with Chair and other payments signatory
i/ ICO date protection register 35 chq no 616
ii/ T Bishton gardening /maintenence 167 chq no 617
iii/ Potters electrical light repairs X 3 279 chq no 618
iiii/ Re-imburse clerk for line marking card payment 44.10 chq no 619

Bank statement to date noted by Chair 26817 pro GB agreed All.
Clerk gave out details of budget consideration for Nov meeting
The saving acct only gives 0.05% not worth pursuit at present

9/Corres

Clerk read out corres.

AOB

GB to source wreath for rememberance Sunday M Davies to be asked to represent

Meeting ended 21:40. Next meeting Nov 11th 2014

Signed as true by Chair 11/11/2014

 

Back to the main Meetings Page