welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 11th Nov 2014

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 11th Nov 2014 7pm Nov 14

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Brown (GB) Jackson (RJ)
Potter (AP) Bill (BB) Davies (MD) Allen (NA) Bebb (TB) Taylor (PT)

D Leeson (clerk) + resident S Reader


1/ Open Forum
S reader asked if any progress on signage at Minsterley=Pontesbury footpath.
Police report read out, enquiries on going.

2/ Apologies

None

3/ Dispensations/Interests

GR School
GB Parish Hall
RJ Church
TB Shropshire Council
MD Planning

4/ Minutes of Oct meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by BB seconded GB

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
MD gave assurance that he would cover costs of new notice board as discussed at prev meetings, and Clerk was asked to order and approach C Middle to install and remove and dispose of old board (Act Clerk)
Bus stops are being used as urinal, clerk had procured disinfectant, Police had been informed and advised re opening up. Discussion of problem came to no conclusion left to monitor.
MTRP have procured a water fountain that needs a drain and water source, after discussion of places to site Clerk was asked to approach R Knight to see if outside telephone exchange was suitable (Act Clerk)

b) Playing field
D Fairclough was unable to attend due to sickness was to be invited to develop a way forward on a skatepark.

c) Street lights
Some lights have timings wrong but not deemed as worth pursuit.

d) Footpaths
The path behind the Mount is still overgrown. Rights of way informed they are trying to contact the landowner Clerk to obtain update.(Act Clerk)
Lots of leaves on paths, needs a sweep TB said would be done in due course

e) Play areas
NA said only 2 D links had not been replaced after recent works. Clerk was given permission to order. The annual inspection was due Clerk to organise. (Act Clerk)

6/ Shropshire Council
a) Highways
There had recently been 4 power cuts. Most of the overhead cables in Horsebridge Rd are worn and need replacing Clerk to approach Western power distribution. The repair to the inspection point on Station Rd outside council offices had come apart. (Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Minsterley Pontesbury path Clerk to find out what signage is to be put at Minsterley end and when is it to be done. The leylandii at Mullers are over the footpath and need cutting. Clerk to approach highways. The tree in Oak Dr still overhangs footpath, Clerk has reported to Sevenside to be monitored(Act Clerk)

c) Flooding
D Edwards has said that he will ensure the early warning system to be installed at Bridge Hotel development includes Parish Council contacts.
MD was able to update the council on discussions re silt under bridge. He is till trying to get S Council and contractors together to find a way forward (Act MD)

7/ Planning.

Reply to letter re pupil numbers received from C Wright that he had passed to planning team. No reply from K Barrow or MP. TB will press planning to ensi=ure they liaise with Education.(Act TB)

8/Payments to be made
Chq 620 cancelled as in correct amount written
i/ Potters electrical street light maintenence x 2 187.20 chq no 621
ii/ T Bishton gardening /maintenence 565 chq no 622
iii/ Remembrance Wreath 30 chq no 623
iiii/ Shropshire Council street light energy 878.06 chq no 624

Bank statement to date noted by Chair 26458.9 pro GB agreed All.
Discussion of budget requirements for 2015-16 to be decided at Dec meeting.

9/Corres

no corres.

AOB

NA said trees available for 2014 rememberance asked to source for planting

Meeting ended 20:25. Next meeting Dec 9th 2014

Signed as true by Chair 9/12/2014

 

Back to the main Meetings Page