welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 13th Jan 2015

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 13th Jan 2015 7pm Jan 15

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Brown (GB) Jackson (RJ)
Potter (AP) Davies (MD) Allen (NA) Bill (BB)

D Leeson (clerk) D Fairclough (Shrops Council) A Roberts(PCSO)+ 1 resident (SR)


1/ Open Forum
D Fairclough gave information regarding skateboard park, the latest one had been in Bridgnorth (£55K +£5K project manage) they used combination of funding Sect106, CIL & grant. They did have a sports development plan, would we include lighting? The parks are not noisy and are low maintenance. As an initial step DF will ask youth for views/support at a meeting at Mary Webb school.
David then progressed to youth provision, Funding has been cut 50% the youth workers have been given notice of termination. The provision has been given to the new LJC £16,000. They look to start in April with a club for Minsterley/Pontesbury and surrounding areas. Ford & Hanwood pay a youth worker from precept.
MTRP had provided a water fountain, (not what was required) but needs a metered supply, SC are to pay for install, DF to report back on this.
A Roberts attended and gave report for Dec 1 asb 1 damage 1 shoplift 1 veh crime 4 rta
PC had led a drink drive campaign 17 stopped only 1 positive. Generally quiet, there is a resource issue as Frankwell& Copthorne are now included in beat. Speed officers have kept an eye on speed on Plox green rd and there are more incidences of outbuilding theft, residents are asked to be aware and report anything suspicious, take a number plate, note a description etc.
S Reader gave some info on a de-fib, £400 from BHF discussion of who meets criteria to use, courses are available, who would hold key?

2/ Apologies

P Taylor – family, T Bebb

3/ Dispensations/Interests

GR School
GB Parish Hall
RJ Church

MD Planning

4/ Minutes of Dec meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by BB seconded GB

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
Clerk was still persuing suppliers of notice board (Act Clerk)
Bus stop at creamery still being used as urinal, opening up or doors was discussed(who would open/close) or demolish. Creamery are to be asked to assist in looking after(Act Clerk)
MTRP water fountain, waiting on input from S Council (Act Clerk)

b) Playing field
£200 rent paid by Minsterley Rgrs

c) Street lights
Col 21 outside no 65 Callow Cres was out
Col 3 hawthorne rd junc maple dr was out
Callow Lane /Oak dr was out
Some of lights reported are fixed others not do we know why?
Also the lights at Mullers have been adjusted and now shine directly into properties in Hawthorn Rd (Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths
The path behind the Mount is still overgrown. GR thinks he knows landowner (Act GR)
Oak Dr tree still overhanging path Sevenside unable to identify will have them trimmed in spring.


e) Play areas
Shropshire council now offer an inspection/repair maintenance service for play areas.
GR asked GB if the P Hall could look into the recycling area as it was over flowing and littering the play area(Act GB)

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
2 broken road signs had been collected from Chair by S Council.
The dog bin at Hogarth close had been pushed down over the access to the light working of the post it is positioned on and needs fixing.
There was a discussion of a request of 30 mph at Plox Green rd. S Council require a request from Parish Council to pursue. It was decided after looking at options that it be left at present and the speeding considered a Police matter. The issue had been reported to the police. Mr Swannick to be advised. (Act Clerk)
The village “gate” at Plox Green had been damaged by contractor unknown. They were not on insurance schedule. NA to ask B Davies for cost of repair/replace damage. At that point insurance to be considered. (Act NA)

b) Footpaths
No News

c) Flooding
Council did not think the flood warning system appropriate to the village needs.

7/ Planning.
The Skills dept of Shrops Council replied that planning have made them aware of prospective demands on the school when new housing comes on stream and they think they will be able to manage numbers and had informed the head.
Response to be fwd to Mr Roe.
Appl 14/05225/Full Farmworkers dwelling at Etshall farm - approved

8/Payments to be made

i/ Shrews town council grass cutting £891.10 chq no 632

Bank statement to date noted by Chair £21,877.20. pro BB sec GB.
Precept of £17,000 applied for will not include Council Tax grant and may be a larger increase in Council Tax as a result.

9/Corres

De-fibb info had been received and after discussion was decided that if we purchase one could it be sited at fire station. (Act Clerk)


AOB

Meeting ended 21:10. Next meeting Feb 10th 2015

Signed as true by Chair 10/2/2015

 

Back to the main Meetings Page