welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of Meeting 10th Mar 2015

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 10th Mar 2015 7pm Mar 15

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Brown (GB) Jackson (RJ)
Potter (AP) Davies (MD) Allen (NA) Bebb (TB) Taylor (PT)

D Leeson (clerk) + 3 residents + PC Somerfield + M Lawer(Tarmc)


1/ Open Forum
M Lawer gave details of work in the quarry which is to re open mid 2015, when amd where the extraction is depends on the site, the demand for aggregates has increased so will stay open for a while, output will be 150,000 tons p.a. There is some supply on site but infrequent blasting will be required. It should not cause property damage.Wildlife licences applied for, there was a concern over users of footpath and trespass. The PC will take on board. The hillfort was hoped to be passed to wildlife trust to manage. Clerk to supply contact details for users forum. (Act Clerk)
P.C. Somerfield went over Police situation, crime was low, there is some dangerous driving that he is looking into. (9 crimes in Feb of which 7 asb)

2/ Apologies

B Bill - illness

3/ Dispensations/Interests

GR School
GB Parish Hall
RJ Church
TB Shrops Council

4/ Minutes of Feb meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by All

Matter arising Muller light is off, discussion of de-fib, discussion of youth issues at LJC agreed youth club at Minsterley to be sourced, Pontesbury Library is under threat vilunteers may be needed clerk to update website, Parish Gates NA to try and landscape to cover damage, discussion of bus shelter abuse GR to liaise with caretaker, Clerk to pursue free De-Fib

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
Notice board has been delivered to M Davies, A Yapp asked to install awaiting quote, water fountain can be installed in the square and R Knight said will be installed by SC he will look into water connection.

b) Playing field
NTR

c) Street lights
NTR

d) Footpaths
NTR

e) Play areas
Wicksteed inspection report received, to be reviewed and comments at next meeting, AP & NA to look at basic adjustments mentioned in report(Act NA&AP)
A report of broken glass had been checked by R Edwards but none found, GB asked if Parish Hall could check as well, and could the clothes at the recycle bin be removed.(Act GB)

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
i/ hole in road on callow cres by junc with a488
ii/ rd from bridge to toll hse needs resurface (Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Resurface done and looks good,
Minsterley Potesbury path has dog fouling, clerk to liaise with Pontes Parish re signage and ask J Salisbury if this is within penalty area

c) Flooding
NTR

7/ Planning.
The SAMDEV may be approved shortly.
There may be some CIL maony available, clerk to find out if it can be used for youth equipment
14/03670/OUT Horsebridge rd amendment clerk to find out what amendment is
15/00487/OUT Poulton Farm support but comment re screening
15/00808/OUT &15/00809/REM object outside development boundary, not in samdev, flooding issue, access onto busy main rd


8/Payments to be made

i/ Clerks agreed expenses Jan Feb Mar 99.24 chq no 634
ii/ Clerks Pay Jan Feb Mar 576 chq no 635
iii/ HMRC Clerks PAYE 4th QTR 384 chq no 636
iv/ R Edwards cleaning contract 4th QTR 650 chq no 637
v/ Wicksteed safety inspection 162 chq no 638
vi/ Potters Electrical street light repair 252.30 chq no 639
vii/ Minsterley Parish Hall hire 130 chq no 640
viii/ Shropshire Council Light Elec $th QTR 878.06 chq no 641
viiii/ Greenbarnes notice board 1198.93 chq no 642
x/ Clerk for payment to 123-reg for website domain/host 32.40 chq no 643

Bank statement to date noted by Chair 20,805.10. agreed all

Donation from David Davies & Co for notice board 1000 Thanks to Matthew Davies for support to the Council

9/Corres
Notice of Severnside learning course on notice board
Notice of plant survey on notice board


AOB

Meeting ended 21:15. Next meeting Apr 14th 2015

Signed as true by Chair 14/4/2015

 

Back to the main Meetings Page