welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting Tues 9th May 2017

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 9th May 2017 7 pm May 17

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Jackson (RJ) Allen (NA) Bill (BB) Brown (GB) Davis (MD) Lockwood (SL) Hignet (NH) (till 8)

D Leeson (clerk) & 4 members of public.

1/ Open Forum
Resident raised issue with planning 17/02000/FUL. Also concerned about speeding on Plox Green rd
P.C. had supplied a report, Violence (6 same incident) 1 Theft, 1 Brim damage these are all in hand.

2/ Appointment of new council.
Chair welcomed all especially new councillors SL & NH.
The Chair was vacated in favour of the Clerk while an election of new Chair took place. GR was proposed by MD & GB. All agreed. Chair took over meeting.
Chair proposed BB as Vice Chair. Sec MD. All agreed.
There were some interest in co-option. BB proposed A Potter. Sec GB all agreed.

3/ Apologies
A Potter unav.

4/ Dispensations/Interests
GR School, RJ church, GB Parish Hall

5/ Minutes of Apr 17 meeting & matters arising

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by all sec all

6/ Parish Property
a) Square
Tony Bishton was working on repair of urinal surround.
A Griffiths said he will donate for island planting again.

b) Playing field
Rounders team are to use and will submit fee. They are concerned about grass length. Clerk to monitor.
A tree had fallen across path from filed to ashlea. A resident has cut branches and moved from path but needs removing. Clerk to contact highways.(Act Clerk)
There are some untaxed cars on road to playing field. Chair will discuss with Sevenside on estate walk, poss recourse to highways. (Act GR)

c) Street lights
Engineer has installed 3 LED on new poles supplied by WPD. It appears these are on wrong poles? Chair will discuss with contractor. This is to be a CIL related expense. (Act GR)

d) Footpaths
NTR

e) Play areas
Basket swing seats ordered. Inspection report highlighted some issues that NA will look into. Clerk to investigate amendment to signage (Act NA & Clerk)

7/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
Hole in highway at Horsebrige rd by the Seven Trent entrance is still a hazard and is growing and other holes in carriageway.
Sign at hall farm not illuminated. Bollards at exit to roundabout covered in dirt.
There was a discussion on speeding & speed check signs. Highways to be asked if any restriction on install.
Cars parked on footpath on bend at Longfield terr clerk to inform police.
Can the police be asked for a Police speed check sign?
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Across the road from the Co op on the main road leaf fall and vegetation detritus/moss has made the pathway dangerously slippy. Also on the pathway from the new vicarage to the cemetery. (Act Clerk).

c) DFib
M Hockly has invoiced but passed to RV responders as they agreed to pay for change.
6 volunteers names to be paseed to R Burdekin. He has emailed to say he will organise training. PC will pay for hall hire.

d/ Flooding
Meeting 5th June 5.30

8/ Planning
17/02000/FUL change of use from residential c3 to residential c2 residential institution. M Davies declared an interest.
Discussion of pro and cons. Considered a change of use to employment, neighbouring residents concerned, Not the right place for such a facility. Object ask to go to committeee.

9/ Audit
Internal audit completed by G Knowles. Comment on need to use CIL monies to reduce cash on hand. Accounts had been issued, no comments/queries. All agreed that Chair was to sign off audit document.

8/Payments to be made

i/ G Knowles Int Audit 40.00 chq no 747
ii/ Came & Co Insurance based on 3 year agreement 966.18 chq no 748
iii/ Potters Electrical street light LED install 1002.00 chq no 749

i/ & ii/ approved. iii/ to be held pending outcome of enquiries with contractor by Chair
Bank statement 49321.63 (21280,23 Precept & CIL)
VAT & ENV grant applied for.

An issue about signatories had come to light when trying to stop a non-cashed cheque that the bank had lost signatory details. Chair asked that signatories visit Lloyds Bank to confirm their details again.

Clerk had budgeted for an increase in admin costs. He started at the council 5 years ago at a rate of 8 ph that reflected his experience at that time. He has been approved at each annual appraisal and has managed the council well. He asked for and uprate in his pay to 9 ph from 1/7/17. All agreed.

9/Corres

None

Meeting ended 21:00

Signed as true by Chair 13/06/2017

 

Back to the main Meetings Page