welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 8th Aug 2017

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 8th Aug 2017 7 pm Aug 17

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair, Councillors Allen (NA) Bill (BB) Brown (GB) Lockwood (SL) Hignet (NH) Jackson (RJ) Davis (MD) Potter (AP)

D Leeson (clerk) & 3 members of public

1/ Open Forum
Mr & Mrs Wood gave an overview of amendments made to planning application 17/02541/FUL to address objections raised by the council at July meeting and ask that the council withdraw objection
Mr Parker noted the changes made but said he still had reservations about the environmental buffer zone.
Police report 6 ASB 1 assault ongoing, 1 assault identified, 1 public order, 1 crim damage. PC Jon Somerfield has left replacement not identified as yet.

2/ Apologies
All present

3/ Dispensations/Interests
GR School & planning. GB Parish Hall RJ Church MD planning

4/ Minutes of Aug 17 meeting & matters arising
Signed as true by Chair (GR) Proposed by all sec all

5/ Parish Property
a) Square
There are some wooden railings missing on the fence between Barytes cottage and the bridge to Hall Cottage. Highways informed to be reminded.

b) Playing field
A Yapp has been asked to put railings up after new contact details received.
Hedging needs cutting, STC were not able to cut last year. MD to supply contact details of contractor.

c) Street lights
No 67 light just after Brookside going out of village near 30 mph is covered in ivy and has no power WPD inf liaise with contractor.
Contractor has quoted 1670+vat for last 6 lights going out of village to be LED(via CIL) agreed to proceed.
Also quoted 45+vat for painting steel poles, est we have 18. Proposed we do 9 now and rest next year (Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths
Wagbeach sign replace by Tony Bishton Highways to be asked if ok to site bench on path to Pontesbury.


e) Play areas
New signage on order. NA had been unable to access play area to look at maintainence & surface before school holidays started (Act Clerk)

f) De Fib
Clerk to arrange training

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways
Ongoing issue on Horsebridge rd with leaking and pot hole
(Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Path 49 stile reported

c) Pontesbury Library
GB went over details of lib plans, Pontesbury is tier 2 to be cost neutral by 2023. Discussion on funding proposed to donate 250 at next meeting.

d) other SC items
SL had attended Poles coppice liaison meeting and gave a brief view. Possible requirement for 3k. They will attend next meeting to present.
NH had met M Mead about LJC going forward and hoped to set up a meeting with Chairs and Clerks.

7/ Planning
17/02609/FUL 7 residence, 4 units at Hall Farm - approve
17/02610/OUT 14 residence Hall Farm object -arable land
17/02541/FUL amended, amendment to plan to deal with objections noted.
Halls to be contacted about undeveloped land they are agent for

8/Payments to be made

i/ Mazars LLP audit services 150 chq no 758
ii/ ICO data protection reg 35 chq no 759

Bank statement 45455.03 noted by chair
Env grant of 2262 not on statement

9/Corres
SALC planning info 13th Sept

GB reminded of Flood action group scheduled to meet 18th Sept

Meeting ended 21:10

Signed as true by Chair 12/09/2017

 

Back to the main Meetings Page