welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 9th Oct 2012

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 9th Oct 2012 7pm OCT 12

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair Councillors Taylor (PT) Allen (NA) Brown (GB) Potter (AP) Jackson (RJ) D Leeson (clerk)
Apologies M Davies & A Davies
+ 4 residents


1/ Open Forum

Police report read out 3 crimes, residents representing the Grove read out a statement of issues after the latest incident of flooding affecting this area. These are to be addressed at the special meeting 16th Oct 7pm. Chair said he would contact relevant parties to ensure attendance. Residents asked for a planning updates re Quarry and Park Meadow

2/ Aplogies

M Davies and A Davies apologies received.

3/ Dispensations

Clerk outlined changes to code of conduct and asked that all complete DPI forms sent out, he would re-send same forms. No dispensations required for this meeting.


4/ Confirmation of minutes Sept Meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Sec PT
A discussion re o/s issue from minutes of situation at the square and where to position benches

5/ Parish Property

a) Square

2 benches had been removed from the square, they are not in good condition, SC have not given agreement to siting near Parish Hall on the A488. Parish Hall Cmttee did not have a place for a bench in Parish Hall grounds. Police sate a camera for the square would take time and incur a cost.
Clerk to approach S Council again (Act Clerk)

b) Playing field

Steps to playing field on S Council land need a hand rail, Clerk had not had a reply from S Council (Act Clerk)

c) Street lights

One light at Pine Cres Hawthorne Dr on all day Clerk to report to NWP (Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths

Footpath to Grove needs re-instating no response yet this can be tackled at the flood meeting

e) Play areas

The safety inspection is due, Clerk to liaise with provider (Act Clerk)


6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways

Broken drain cover in Horsebridge by Horsebridge Farm and No. 1 not fixed
Bollard by Co op still not replaced
Bridge at Horsebridge seems to be rusted and needs inspection
Grove needs resurface after floods
New Tarmac through village not finished off
Pipes between drains are blocked on A488 in Plox Green causing flooding of property
One of the lights on the zebra crossing at the school is out.
The 20mph signs that flash up at school times have lights out.

Clerk to write to Highways. Also to find out why no action or information re these repairs some of which had been reported before had been forthcoming
(Act Clerk)


b) Footpaths

Once more issues with Grove village footpath, to be addressed at flood meeting


7/ Planning

Application for change of use in Park Meadow. Clerk to establish position
A large detailed application had been made by Tarmac for an extension to the use of the quarry. It was decided that we did not have the expertise and the County Councillor should be asked for advice. We did not want blasting on a Sat morning.
(Act Clerk)


8/Payments to be made

i/ D Leeson Clerks agreed expenses 161.00 cheque no 523
ii/ R Edwards (Clean & Safety) 650.00 cheque no 524
iii/ NWP Freedom Grp Light Maint 547.20 cheque no 525

Balance 18.884.41 as at 25/9/12
Statement of bank account viewed by GR Agreed payment Pro GR sec PT

9/Corres

Note re election of police commissioner on notice board

AOB

Reminder Market Oct 28th , Agreed to purchase poppy wreath for 30 to be agreed Nov meet. R Jackson to lay wreath 11/11/12

Meeting ended 20:25

 

Back to the main Meetings Page