welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of Meeting 12 Mar 2013

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 12th Mar 2013 7pm Mar 13

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair Councillors Allen (NA) Brown (GB) Jackson (RJ) M Davies (MD) A Davies(AD)
D Leeson (clerk) + 0 residents


1/ Open Forum

Police report from PC Somerfield read out by the Clerk– 2 Crimes 4 ASB – Councillors Brown and Allen had attended Cap meeting on alcohol abuse.
Chair read out some details from the recent Ofsted report in which the primary school was classed as ‘Good’ letter of congratulations to be sent (Act Clerk)

2/ Apologies

Councillors P Taylor T Bebb

3/ Dispensations

None


4/ Confirmation of minutes Feb Meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Pro GB Sec NA


Still no repair to Drain in Horsebridge Rd. Clerk to enquire from Highways (Act Clerk)


5/ Parish Property

a) Square

Quotes had been received for General notice board by bridge damage. Quote from Mr Goult accepted and Clerk to organise repairs (Act Clerk)

b) Playing field

No response re over grown bank leading up to field. Clerk to get action.
Rental not received from Minsterley Rgrs clerk to pursue with Shropshire FA. (Act Clerk)

c) Street lights

SC Highways - Outside Fire station by churns on A488 col no 5 Chair to pursue with Matt Muir S Council (Act GB)
NWP – will no longer be able to maintain lights from 1/5/13. Clerk and Chair had made some enquiries and Clerk to obtain quotes of work done and cost
(Act Clerk )

d) Footpaths

Dog fouling is an on-going issue again despite notice in the Parish magazine and Website.
T Sneddon to be approached for 2 extra bins, and also J Salisbury re the dog warden. (Act Clerk )

e) Play areas

The safety inspection report was circulated by clerk.
Critical issues of replacement bolt and general tightening maintenance had been carried out by Councillor Allen by Dec 2012. NA to look at cradle seats at Callow Cres and general cosmetics. The fencing neat the BMX track needs repairing. Discussion of requirements and R Jackson to make enquiries with Mr Ellis. (Act NA & RJ)


6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways

Issues still o/s

Salt bin required in Park Meadow. Could a sweeper be sent round the village
Most of the works were now being addressed just the drain cover at Horsebridge still o/s Clerk to write to T Sneddon
(Act Clerk)
b) Footpaths

Mr Lewis at 26 Willow Park had written re over hanging Willows from side of Brook on SC land encroaching on his property. Clerk to liase with tree officer in planning (Act Clerk)

c) Flooding

D Edwards was unable to attend LJC meeting. Severn Trent are currently upgrading a ditch at Grove. E- Mail to be sent to Councillor Bebb re news on funding for dredging/drainage

7/ Planning

There is some Sect 106 money available for open spaces. Clerk to put play officer in touch with School/playgroup (Act Clerk)
Application 1 Water Wheel – no objections
2 Hogstow – in Worthen parish

8/Payments to be made

i/ Clerks agreed expenses £89 cheque no 534
ii/ Clerks Pay 10th Jan to 31/3/2103 £540 cheque no 535
iii/ Clerks PAYE to HMRC £360 cheque no 536
iv/ R Edwards contract cleaning ¼ year to 31 Mar £650 cheque no 537
v/ Shrews Town Council Grass cutting £485.54 cheque no 538

Balance at bank noted, y/e balance after above will be £12038.40

Agreed payment Pro GR sec MD

9/Corres

Letter from SC re M&P CAP meeting 21/3/13.

AOB


Meeting ended 20:50


Signed as true by Chair

12/3/13

 

Back to the main Meetings Page