welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 9th July 2013

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 9th July 2013 7pm July13

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair Councillors Taylor (PT) Brown (GB) Allen(NA)
Bebb(TB) Davies(MD) Potter(AP)
D Leeson (clerk) + 1 resident


1/ Open Forum

Resident asked if changes in the Quarry extension in planning was to be considered.

Clerk read police report for May 2 crimes 8 ASB 1 Theft.

2/ Apologies

R Jackson(Holiday)

3/ Dispensations/Interests Co Option

GR proposed that Bruce Bill be co-opted onto the Council Sec TB and all agreed
MD declared an interest in SAMDEV
TB declared an interest as S Councillor regard to planning

4/ Minutes of May meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Pro TB Sec PT


5/ Parish Property

a) Square

The general Parish notice board in the centre has been repaired.
T Bishton had completed planting and presented his bill
Clerk should pursue sponsorship monies for planting
Seat installed in jubilee gdns. Sign should be 18 X 6 for jubilee tree
Could the bus stop be moved to where the seat was? It was dangerous where it is and by the seat seemed sensible. Clerk to pursue with SC and Minsterley Motors. (Act Clerk)

b) Playing field

Callow Lane leading to playing field has had verge cut by SC. They have not cut either side of the road immediately prior to the gate. Can they do it in future?
(Act Clerk)


c) Street lights

Clear

d) Footpaths

The grove footpath fallen tree was reported and should have been cleared
There was a quick discussion on stile heights
The long awaited footpath between Minsterley and Pontesbury seems to have come to a halt TB said he would pursue. Council asked Clerk to write to SC re progress. (Act Clerk TB )

e) Play areas

GB had a site meeting with SC and community payback about clearing the brook next to Callow Lane play area. They asked that if this was done would the Council maintain. He informed them of the Councils intention to plant and fence the area
Chain link fencing was down behind the play area. GR to approach Millington and Yapp for costs to repair (Act GR)
Mike Pugh had stated it would take about 150 40p plants in autumn
There had been some fly tipping some time ago GR to approach R Jones (Act GR)
The cost of signs and posts were prohibitive so it was though a no ball games sign high on the fencing should be installed Clerk to source (Act Clerk)
As a solution to the littering SC hoped to engage young people with afete where a graffiti artist would be in attendance. A donation of 125 was agreed. A discussion about where to install any of this art agreed that 5 boards could be installed at the playing field on the right on the fence backing on to Ash Lea Pro TB Sec MD

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways

There is a pothole outside the post office that has not been repaired
The road outside the garage had been repaired PT asked why not the rest of the road, it was thought it was in hand. PT also reported that foliage had obscured the roundabout sign at Toll house on Horsebridge road and also the give way at top of Grove. Clerk to ask SC to pursue with householders. (Act Clerk)
An issue with parking in Orchard Dr had been passed to SC
A resident had asked for speed calming and crossing at Plox Green rd. While it was thought that a crossing was unobtainable the Clerk was instructed to approach M Davies SC about a 40mph at the southern exit/entry to the village (Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Notice of closure of paths 52 and 58 noted

c) Flooding

Letter from MP offering help after LJC meeting.
There was a discussion on the lack of visible action from SC. TB to pursue.
Clerk to write to Clive Wright CEO of SC to ascertain why no action taken and for a
timescale
(Act Clerk)


7/ Planning

Tarmac planning extension no objections. If Tarmac consultation required GR and MD to represent. Pro TB Sec GB
Discussion on refusal of Hot Food premises. TRO to be pursued by Clerk.
SAMDEV amendment had opened a consultation til 23/8/13 to be discussed Aug meeting and notice put on Website.
Circus posters removed. Clerk to ascertain who gives permission for these.
(Act Clerk)

8/Payments to be made

i/ Grant to SC for CAP fete 125 cheque no 553
ii/ Tony Bishton gardening 585 cheque no 554



Balance at bank noted, 31785.80 confirms with accts to date

Agreed payment Pro TB sec GB

9/Corres

Notices of AONB activities, business startup scheme and letter about entry to Parish Hall

AOB



Meeting ended 21:05


Signed as true by Chair

13/8/13

 

Back to the main Meetings Page