welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 13th Aug 2013

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 13th Aug 2013 7pm Aug13

Present G Rogers (GR) Chair Councillors Taylor (PT) Brown (GB) Allen(NA)
Bebb(TB) Potter(AP) Jackson(RJ) Bill(BB)
D Leeson (clerk) + 1 resident


1/ Open Forum

Chair welcomed recently co opted Councillor Bruce Bill

Clerk read police report for July 7 crimes 6 ASB 1 Theft 1 RTA.

2/ Apologies

M Davies

3/ Dispensations/Interests Co Option

GR declared an interest in SC Church & School
TB declared an interest as S Councillor regard to planning School
GB MTRP

4/ Minutes of July meeting

Signed as true by Chair (GR) Pro TB Sec GB


5/ Parish Property

a) Square

The general Parish notice board in the centre has been repaired but is leaking, Clerk to contact M Goult
T Bishton should be congratulated on quality of planting
Clerk should pursue sponsorship monies for planting from Minsterley Garage service
(Act Clerk)
b) Playing field

No actions


c) Street lights

Clear

d) Footpaths

A very good sweep of the footpaths in the village had unfortunately taken the top layer of the surface from and area near to Plox Green bridge on the A488 Clerk to write to SC (Act Clerk)

e) Play areas

No response to new play area activity area from Clive Dean. NA proposed that if not heard of by next meeting we should get our own unit
Dave Fairclough should be congratulated on the recent youth event (Act Clerk)
Callow lane play area quotes in hand.
The ownership of the land opposite the play area across brook was questioned. RJ to try and ascertain from resident (ACT RJ)

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways

Hedge next to Methodist chapel in Horsebridge Rd is encroaching into road.
The leylandii on A488 near Barytes Cottage still encroaching on path
Direction signs at Plox Green very dirty. SC highways to be advised (Act Clerk)

b) Footpaths
Notice of closure of paths 52 and 58 confirmed

c) Flooding

Clerk had not had a response from Clive Wright CEO of SC to ascertain why no action
Had been taken on flooding and had informed MP of this.
TB gave a report on progress including a memo dated today from David L Edwards
The ditch should be dome in next month
An EU grant had been applied for to clean the stream bed
Severn Trent should clean the old sewer at the rear of the houses clerk to contact them
(Act Clerk)

PT asked about Dog walking in cemetery GR to take up (Act GR)
Shropshire link was ending after a discussion was decided that Clerk write to SC transport with the need for rural services (Act Clerk)

7/ Planning

The ward name on applications is still Minsterley. The ward is Rea Valley
SAMDEV amendment had not created any response, council worried that residents unaware. Clerk to contact Anna Jones to confirm that residents have been been advised.
(Act Clerk)

8/Payments to be made

i/ ICO 35 cheque no 555
ii/ Signs & Posters 68.04 cheque no 556

Balance at bank noted, 31,200.80 chq to SC not cashed as Payee not known

Agreed payment Pro TB sec GR

9/Corres

Letter about entry to Parish Hall and various other notices

AOB

GR asked that the council considers some support for Minsterley Show
GB reported that a new rep was need on MTRP and NA was appointed
GB said MTRP was looking for sponsorship for Dec and this was 120
To be agenda item for Sept
Bus stops need painting clerk to get quotes and agenda item for September
Fire Service do open days for youths, Clerk to discuss with C Lloyd-Gwillam
TB proposed no Aug meeting, Sec PT and accepted from 2014

Meeting ended 21:00


Signed as true by Chair

10/9/13

 

Back to the main Meetings Page