welcome to the Minsterley Parish Council website

Minutes of meeting 10th Sept 2013

Minsterley Parish Council

Chair G M Rogers

MINUTES TUES 10th Sept 2013 7pm Sept13

Present T Bebb (TB) Chair Councillors Taylor (PT) Brown (GB) Allen(NA)
Davies(MD) Potter(AP) Jackson(RJ) Bill(BB)
D Leeson (clerk) + 2 visitors


1/ Open Forum

Concillor Bebb took the Chair as Councillor Rogers ill he asked that we pass on good wishes.

Duncan jones from Mullerís presented details of the site clear up which included removal of milk siloís. The site will not use liquid milk. He said Mullerís committed to site for desserts which had 101 f/t staff plus agency staff
Joe Penfold from Shropshire council gave an outline of initiatives around the lottery funded activities in the AONB and hoped to work with the Council

Clerk read police report for Aug 5 crimes all theft ongoing ASB 4 nuisance.

2/ Apologies

G Rogers -ill

3/ Dispensations/Interests Co Option

RJ declared an interest in Church
TB declared an interest as S Councillor regard to planning & School
GB MTRP
AP declared an interest in flooding matters

4/ Minutes of Aug meeting

Signed as true by Chair (TB) voted a strue by all


5/ Parish Property
a) Square

The general Parish notice board in the centre has been repaired but is not thought to be fit for purpose. Clerk to investigate new board costs
(Act Clerk)
b) Playing field

No actions


c) Street lights

Light near No 6 Toll Hse on Plox Green needs attention. No 73 on inventory. (Act Clerk)

d) Footpaths

Grove issue ongoing

e) Play areas

No response to new play area activity area from Clive Roe Or C Dean. GR to asked if he had heard anything from C Roe(update he hasnít) and Clerk to look into new equipment and the Sect 106 money (Act Clerk)
Callow Lane area is noisy, resident had complained to police but they had referred them to Parish Council? Clerk to take up with PC and PCC Longmore (Act Clerk)
No Ball games sign obtained and will be put up by NA thanks to Councillor Allen
RJ had investigated the land opposite the play area across brook it is cut by STC apparently for Sevenside
Planting to be done in autumn

6/ Shropshire Council

a) Highways

The man hole cover outside Bath Mews seems to be loose.
Direction signs dirty, ask M Hodnet re cleaning (Act Clerk)
Drain cleaning, TB to ask A Keyland to ensure all work done (Act TB)
PT asked if any news on changes to islands on A5. TB said there is a consultation at Salop leisure

b) Footpaths
Minsterley to Pontesbury still scheduled TB had asked for costs and sign off but could not obtain same

c) Flooding

Clerk had a response from Clive Wright CEO of SC who had passed to relevant team.
MP should still be informed of issues.
AP had been given a revised plan and had a meeting at 3 on Mon 16th with Clair Wilson
Severn Trent should clean the old sewer at the rear of the houses clerk to contact them
(Act Clerk)

7/ Planning

Hot food takeaway appeal, comments re-iterated
Bus Depot renewal, ask to go to committee still an issue.
(Act Clerk)

8/Payments to be made

i/ Clerk Pay 3mths to Sept £576 chq 557
ii/ Clerks HMRC £384 chq 558
iii/ Clerks agreed expenses £90 chq 559
iiii/ R Edwards Caretaker services £650 chq 560
v/ SC street light energy 2nd QTR £815.77 chq 561
vi/ SC replacement for chq 553 (CAP) £125 chq 562
vii/ MTRP Dec sponsorship £125 chq 563


Balance at bank noted, £31,097.76 chq 553 to SC not cashed as Payee not known

Agreed payment Pro TB voted by council

9/Corres

Clerk read out various notices from which no actions arose
Clerk read out letter from D & V Jones re SAMDEV meeting, Clerk to pass concerns to Anna Jones SC

AOB

Cheque for £165.52 presented from Neighbourhood watch defunct account
Tb suggested this go towards a new central village notice board. He asked D Jones for Muller for help with cost and he said they would add to the money up to £1000

Meeting ended 21:00


Signed as true by Chair

8/10/13

 

Back to the main Meetings Page